John (Quigley) Patton washed the cylinders down before I gave them a bath in hot soapy water then wiped them down with ATP.
John is here ringing up the Wiseco pistons from Baron after he sized he pistons and cylinders.
Michelle and John installing the cylinders.
New high compression pistons.
Michelle cleaned all gasket surfaces before we assembled the remainder of the topend.
One of the brackets I made to set up the rear sets. I made them so they are fully adjustable up and down for rider comfort.
Speaking of comfort, I laid up a fiberglass seat pan so Michelle would have a soft place to rest her behind.
Here is the first stage of exhasut construction. The head pipes for a two into one setup.
Close up of the collector.
Another shot of the head pipes with the merge section.
I made my own exhaust body too.
Starting to take shape.
Had to cut a couple of plates to finish off the merge section of the pipes.
Complete minus the header wrap. Check out the killer rear sets.
John and I got the Warrior on the Dyno right away and seasoned those new pipes!
Steering dampeners are required. We got the best from GPR. They don't make a model specific for the Warrior but Loren at GPR got me parts and I made it work.
All business on the Vortex clip ons.
I had to modify the Baron Big Air kit to fit the new Dynatek coils.
Fuel management, timing and everything ignition is handled by Dyno Jet/Power Commander.
Gearing ratios are key to land speed racing. Here is a Vortex rear sprocket I used for the new chain drive. I have PBI tranny sprockets.
Shot of the DEI fuel line sleeve we used. New rule this year that all fuel lines must be protected from heat with some sort of sleeve.
More sleeve and an inline Pingel fuel shut off valve. There was a bit of talk back and forth about this new rule requireing a positive fuel shut off valve. We'll know for sure when it comes time for tech inspection.
Almost there! Check out the Titanium header wrap. New product from DEI.
Last few things to pass tech. Safety Wire!
Just got back from the first run NOT on the Dyno. I could not get going fast enough on the street to get out of first gear. She should move out pretty well. It did 150 on the Dyno at 5 grand. We'll see how we fair at the flats.