Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Warrior posts high speeds at Speed Week.

I have been bouncing questions off of Nigel Patrick of Patrick Racing about their Warrior engines. He shared this picture and a bit of info about it. The Warrior in the fore ground is a Bonneville project that was started by the late Cliff Gullet. Cliff died last year due to injuries sustained when he lost control of his streamliner at 239 mph on the Salt last year. The man sitting on the Gullet Warrior is Cliff's brother Dale I believe. I don't have a lot of info about the motorcycle. I have not spoken to Dale but the information I have from Nigel is that Dale picked up the project and brought it to Speed Week to race in his brother Cliff's honor.

How honorable is that!?! Not to mention he pushed the warrior to 170mph. I do not know if that gave him a record or not but damn...he has all my respect for sure.

Great job Dale!



Peace
Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment